Friday, 30 January 2009

Progress towards the bag

I did a bit more tie dyeing, and some of the better results are below (there were many more pieces of cloth but I won't be boring and show them all):

Then I began to produce some of the heavily textured black cloth that might go into the final design. Both make use of repeated randomly sewn circles to make the fabric pucker:

Finally, Sian has suggested using some heavy duty underlay felt. I decided to experiment with layers of standard craft felt. I made the following box from 3 layers of felt, and it is very sturdy so I think this would do fine:

No comments: